Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mekong River

I love Pho. My friend Doug turned me onto it, and we went to a place recommended by my friend Alex called Pho Saigon. Delicious!

For those who don't know, Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup. It is basically Beef Broth, Pieces of steak, and Ramen noodles. I've had it with bits of onion and cilantro as well, but it's mainly those three things. And it is DELICIOUS. At the few places I've had it at, they give you a plate of things to put in it, like Mint (I think it's Mint), bean sprouts, Jalepeno slices, and a lime wedge.

I've had it from only two other places, but today I went to Mekong River on 6th street according to my friend David's advice. The broth is a very main part of the flavor, and the broth there was one of the greatest things I've ever had. Knocked Pho Saigon out of the park as my favorite place. If you like Pho, go here. No questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment