Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Short Sherlock Holmes Post

After an encouraged viewing of the first two episodes of the BBC's Sherlock, I realized that I had still not seen the recent movie. Netflix instant failed me, so I set out today to find it. A local used media store in my area (an establishment that receives a healthy amount of my income) would surely have it, as they usually carry many copies of popular films as they are bought and sold in very large quantities for a short time after release. This movement of goods has an added benefit. Due to supply and demand, the price is usually driven down to a price that is affordable by many. The movie had been out for a while, though. Would I be so lucky as to find it? Aye. One copy awaited me, nestled snugly in the wrong place. The organization at this location is usually impeccable, so I assume that it was handled and placed in the wrong place that very day by a potential buyer who, for some reason, decided against purchase. Their decision resulted in my victory, and I found my prize leaning nonchalantly against the film "Shoot 'Em Up" (which I also grabbed as an added bonus). I was right about the cost: $4.99 for an immaculate copy. I paid the clerk and walked out a champion. This evening, I reclined in my usual spot, put my personal computer aside, and sat down to view the film.

It was good.

~The End~

Epilogue: The BBC series is enjoyable, too

No comments:

Post a Comment